Living God's Word by J. Scott Duvall & J. Daniel Hays

Living God's Word by J. Scott Duvall & J. Daniel Hays is designed to walk the reader through the
Bible in a two fold process so that they will gain an understanding of the Bible as a complete story not as individual parts and learn to interpret the Bible responsibly.


The book is split into twenty chapters or sections. Each chapter deals with a particular section of the Bible according to subject matter. For instance, the first section Creation and Crisis walks the reader from Genesis chapter 1 to chapter 9 and then to chapter 11. This section deals with creation, the fall, the world's first murder, and the spread of the wickedness of man throughout the earth. Each chapter ends with a synopsis of the Great Story up to that point.

This is a really great book for those who may struggle with historical events or keeping a timeline of the Bible events. It is also a great book for those who are knew to the Bible to get a good grasp on what happens when and who did what.

If you are someone who is trying to get a handle on how the events in the Bible played out as far as who what when and where or a new Christian I would suggest you pick up a copy of the book and go through it but take your time. This is not a book to be rushed through. Stop and notice the details and the connections.

I enjoyed this book quite a bit more than I thought I would. I am someone who does have a hard time with timelines and sequence of events for historical happenings. I was encouraged to memorize each chapter heading so that I could quickly go through each one in my head to put things in order when studying or talking with someone. They were easy to memorize and it has actually helped me a lot. There were also a few things that the book pointed out about or in the Bible that I had never noticed before!


You can pick this book up at Family Christian Bookstore here: Browse a Huge selection of Christian Books at Family Christian

Comments